29.7.11

I just wanna say, They do things here, they DON'T do in the USA

Let's see my friends.


If you haven't been reading my recent posts I have headed off to France and am now enjoying the french air not sun because it's so freaking cloudy here! The first city I have decided to embark on this journey is Paris. Yes, the city of Love, Lights and of course delectable food.  I have slept in Paris so far... 2 nights and this night I am writing you in,  As of right now it's 11PM. Over these 3 days I have done several things.


1st day
Arrived in Paris and took a taxi to our hotel and napped. And then off to  the Arc De Triumph by taking a bus. When we get to the Arc De Triumph we take a picture and then take a picture for these 3 guys, I wanna they they were Chinese, then one of the guys comes up to us, and he is like 5'1, and he asks to take a picture with Donna and me. The other guys they are with all laugh and we agree to take the picture and laugh and laugh.. I had heels on and I was towering him.  Then we have them take a picture with my mom and Donna and we are off. We walk down the Champs-Élysées and start looking for the special resteraunt that we went to 3 years ago. WE FIND IT. It's called Chez Clement. We then go inside and order, only to be discouraged when we find that they don't sell our favorite meal any more. We order and I get Duck and the others get other food... Then head home and go to bed because we had been on a long plane ride and were in no mood for a long night and were too tired. 


2nd day
The second day we had planned to do many things which does get tiring. We wake up at 6am. Which really pissed me off. I watch a whole movie before Donna and me head outside to got to a bakery and buy Chocolate croissants and bread and poppyseed bread and all sorts of stuff. We then go looking for a store and find a grocery store and buy some apples and some good stuff. At the cash register the cashier asked us where we were from, he thought we were from England. HAHAHAHA.. We said no, we are from Utah and the guy said oh!, salt lake city? and we said no, provo. well, long story short the guy knew the UTAH JAZZ.. Favorite team. hahaha. Some french guy knows the Utah Jazz. We go back to the hotel and then head out for we are going to the Museum Orsay.
At the Museum we see all sorts of artist. Monet, Manet, Vince Van Gogh, Rembrandt.. All those dudes. I even saw the woman version of the thinker.. hahaha.. I'll post a picture. We also went and saw Vince Van Gogh's self portrait of himself.  I found one of my favorite painting but I don't know what it is called because the name was in french. Haha. Either way it was fun and we had a very cute waiter at the restaurant at the museum and he knew good english. 
Later we went on boat ride over the River and it was fun to take pictures and look at all the beautiful buildings. We saw the Eiffel tower in the most beautiful shot. It was great. After the boat ride we went home and then to bed. My legs were so sore. 


3rd day/ Today 
Today was packed and I have a headache just thinking about it, but it was way fun. Today we woke up late and had to check out in hurry and were heading to a new hotel.  We went to a candy place and called a cab and were at the hotel. At the hotel we saved 30 dollars on the room. It was crazy especially because of the nice area and the BIG room. It is such a great  room we are staying another night in france, practically because of it.  We had tickets for Versailles and had to get on the underground to get to it. 
We switched lines twice and were at the station and just had to walk a bit to Versailles. We walked up a hill and saw probably what I would say, the most beautiful building I have ever seen in my life. I was in love. 
I had always had a passion for Queen Marie Antoinette, making me very excited for the Palace and the rooms all her stuff. We walked through the Palace and took pictures. They actually let us take pictures. I saw a painting of Marie Antoinette that is very famous of her and I walked in her BEDROOM. I was so happy. I also walked down the Hall of Mirrors and then took a train thing to the Le Petit Trianon and saw all the famous paintings, practically, of Marie Antoinette and it was great. I walked the gardens of Versailles and saw fountains and Beauty galor. I headed home and wrote this blog thing to you.. Well I am too tired. 


France is great


-I will be posting pictures soon

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, so I am pretty much... extremely jealous! You need to bring me back something awesome... also Me and Allie decided that as soon as one of us gets engaged we are going to go to france for a month so someone better get married FAST! Probably you.. or allie, the young ones always sneak up on you <3 Laura

    ReplyDelete