20.3.11

Service

You learn new things when you serve and you learn things about the people you serve. It all takes time. Today I served at the Jamestown Old folks home and I had a lot of fun. I go there every sunday and am trying to keep my promise to do so... But it isn't that hard when the people you are going to serve are so interesting! You know some crazy things happen like a old man who used to be a boxer tries to hit you or someone yells at you. But it is all because I work in the Enhanced care unit and so they are all a little messed in the head. But I learned today that one of the women at the place named Margie used to own a business where she would tell people what to wear! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! She made money that way. I also learned that Ruth is more crazy then I thought and Helen doesn't exactly agree with President Obama and thinks some crazy things.. All because of his name. I know they are crazy and they don't remember you the next time you come. But it is good because they will never know you and you can have a lot of fun when they get confused. I feel good with I serve and I think that service helps you more then it helps others. That is the true meaning of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment