16.7.13

Book of Mormon Challenge.

last week i decided that i really wanted to read the Book of Mormon before fall semester starts. but seeing as there is only a few more weeks... i knew that i needed to get going. 

so this is what i came up with. 

i heard somewhere that you can read the Book of Mormon in 13 or so hours. so i decided that i would read the whole Book of Mormon in a week. 

i know, i know, this may sound pretty hard, but it hasn't been too hard for me so far. 

the Book of Mormon is hard to read, it is hard to always understand and it takes a lot of time to really get "into it". 

but i heard that reading the Book of Mormon in a week can be a truly magical experiences for some, not everyone... but some. 

so i started on sunday. on sunday i read 2 hours of the Book of Mormon. it is a really cool experience. i have never read the Book of Mormon all the way through and i know that this experience will be life changing. 

it can be easy (at least for me) to find 2 hours of my day to read. on Sunday i read after church and yesterday i had a party to go to a 10 am so i just woke up at 7:45 and did my two hours before the party. you just need to read 75 pages a day. and then if you don't reach your 75 page a day quota, you can just read extra the next day or on sunday. sunday is a perfect day to start and to finish on. you have more time on sundays to relax and so finding more time to read extra is usually pretty easy (at least for me). 

so if any of you want to join this quest with me.... just start! you can start today, tomorrow, any day. and you could just read an hour a day for 2 weeks, or 5 hours a day on a weekend! do whatever you want. but believe me, this will be worthy time filler, i know it has been for me! i don't think you will regret it! 


also, don't feel the need to rush your reading. remember to pray and think about what you are reading. get the whole experience! 

i know it takes some discipline, but just imagine how wonderful you will feel after and how much you will grow, i think that is incentive enough!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, thanks so much for posting this on your blog. I think I might try to do this challenge, because I too have heard that it can be a really powerful experience.
    I'm super impressed with you!

    ReplyDelete